Monday, February 16, 2015

On retreat

I'm up in the north of Israel, attending a spiritual retreat for women. We'll do yoga, paint with watercolors, play music, hike, and eat vegetarian food. In my free time I'll visit with my daughter Menucha, who is in school here, and work on the two small hand quilting projects I brought along.
Last night I ate out at a charming little French bistro type of place. All I had was a humble bowl of lentil soup with some toasted sourdough bread. It was a simple meal, but eminently satisfying. I slept in a charming little room at my friend's bed & breakfast...hot water bottle included.
The retreat begins today. Am looking forward to what the day will bring.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Susan,
I hope you had fantastic days.Too very nice meeting with your daughter
I think about you often.Your handwork is wonderfull as everytime.
Love Eva

Roxanne said...

Sounds like you're going to get a lot of enjoyment from your retreat. I read that you're going to be getting snowed on over there this week so stay warm.

Quilting Corner said...

It sounds like you are having a fantastic time. Enjoy and hurry back to us. The 1/2 square triangles look familiar.
Love, Etty