Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Gloomy outside, happy inside!

Today, like much of the past week, was overcast and grey. Winter is our rainy season here in Israel, and while we do appreciate the rain it is still  more pleasant on days that are sunny and bright. But even though it was gloomy outside, things were cheery indoors today, as we had our quilt meeting at Bracha's house. We hadn't met in a while, so there was lots of catching up to do.

Last time we got together, Bracha showed us how to make hexies. Rochel got with the program right away, and came back with a finished hexie block!

Raizel is working on quilts for her kids and her grandkids. Look what her husband picked up for her at a fabric store in town! You can't imagine how soft this is!
Bracha was in the States and couldn't resist buying fabric for some new projects.
 
Sahra brought a great book of Fons and Porter to share with us. We passed it around and everyone took a look. 
I brought two Gwen Marston books I acquired recently. But the book that got the most attention was definitely THIS:
This is a whole book of little quilts. No two are alike. The patterns are mostly traditional, but Andrea adapts each one creatively and with the most unexpected use of fabric. This is probably the most expensive quilt book (and the smallest) I have ever bought, but for sure the one I love the most. I could spend days just looking at the different quilts over and over. I don't think this book is available on Amazon.com, but if you run across it somewhere, you should definitely not pass it up.  

I'm working on a couple of projects and also have some little finishes I want to share. Just waiting for the sun to come out so I can take some pictures! 

No comments: