Wednesday, June 25, 2014

We're growing!

We had a wonderful meeting yesterday. Bracha had a wild and crazy nine-patch to show.
The pieced back is just as exuberant as the front!
 
The ladies keep making more and more fabric baby balls. Good thing we have grandchildren--gives us a good excuse to make all kinds of stuff!

Bracha has started making pentagon balls too.

 Our newest quilter, Raizel, has discovered the joy of using vintage sheets...for a couch cover! She made the back out of vintage toweling, to keep the cover from shifting on the couch.


Sahra brought her first baby quilt to show. This one was so fun and liberating to make. She bought the happy zoo print and thought she would put it together with something tame...like light blue. Instead, she ended up combining the zoo print with some wild green stripes and lots of black with white dots. The back and binding are made from a cow print. I think this was a very successful combination, and it demonstrates the idea of "listening" to your fabric and hearing what it really wants.

Our newest (and youngest) member is little Yitzi. All the ladies have just fallen in love with him. And his mother Rivka is so fun and creative. She brought Yitzi's bear to share with us. It made me want one too!

Am almost finished with the quilting on my Oh My Stars quilt. Am doing big-stitch quilting with white perle cotton. When I finish the quilting, I'm going to put red ties in the centers of the stars. I think that will perk it up a lot!
I want to welcome all the new ladies to our group. Thanks for joining us in the adventure! 

2 comments:

Quilting Corner said...

Wonderful show and tell. Sorry I was unable to make it.

Roxanne said...

Nice show. Lots of talent there! Thanks for sharing.